Vintage Cars For Sale << back to previous page
VINTAGE BENTLEY 6 1/2 Litre - SOLD
- Genuine Short Chassis Car
- First Registered - 2nd July 1927
- Registration # KO 3960
- Chassis # KD 2115
- Engine # KD 2113
- Steering Box # KD 2115
- Rear Axle # KD 2115
- Front Axle # No Number
- Wheelbase 11 '
VDP 4 SEATER TOURER
- Standard Short 11' Chassis
- 4 Seat VDP Body (Rexene and Painted Green)
- Fold Flat Screen with Aero Screens
- Engine - 6 1/2 Litre with all details
- Twin HVG5's
- 8 Litre Water Pump
- 3 Gallon Sump
- Large Capacity Oil Pump
- Rear Axle 3:1 Ratio
- Wheels & Tyres - 700 x 21 x 6
- Gearbox - C Type
- Le Mans Type Brakes with Servo (pull on)
- Standard Dash
- Le Mans Team Car Fuel Tank with Stone Guard
- Carl Zeiss Headlamps with Stone Guards
- 8 Andre Hartford Friction Shock Guards
- Spare Wheel on N/s & O/s
- Twin Fuel Delivery System
- Polished German Silver Speed Six Radiator
- Speed Six Front Springs
- Le Mans Type Chassis Brace in Front of Radiator
- Retro Trip/Indicators/Charging Sockets
KD 2115 was sold new in June 1927 to Mr Martin Tomson of Kent in the UK.
A "Standard" chassis car, although built on the very rare 11 foot short chassis length. One of only 21 to have this very desirable length.
Engine number KD 2113 and with a 13/46 ratio rear axle and had a Weymann patent Saloon Coupe coachwork by H.J. Mulliner.
Factory Records state that KD 2115 was maintained until 1934 and by this time had covered 32,000 miles.
By the late 1960's it was in a sorry state and by this stage had acquired a rather crude homemade open body.
By 1969 Mr Ian McVitie was its registered owner and he commissioned well known UK restorer to build a new period style fabric tourer body and mechanically rebuild the Bentley to Speed Six Specification. It was painted Blue.
In the mid 1980's the 6 1/2 Litre Bentley was sold into the Ruger Collection USA.
KD 2115 came back into the UK and was painted Green and in 2004 it was purchased by its current owner who has since used the car extensively and rallied it very successfully throughout Europe, Africa, India, Alaska as well as successfully competing and completing the Centenary Peking to Paris.
Between 2005 and 2006 it was Mechanically Rebuilt. Rebuild included Chassis Overhaul, Engine, Gearbox and Axles. During this Rebuild KO 3960 was upgraded to Full Speed Six Spec.
This 6 1/2 has proved to be The Ultimate Long Distance Rally Car.
Further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have another website which displays Vintage Cars for sale prewarcarsforsale.com
Please contact us if you are interested in purchasing a Vintage Car, maybe we can assist in locating a particular make/model for you.