Vintage Cars For Sale << back to previous page
1935 LAGONDA M45 RAPIDE - SOLD
- First Registered 5th April 1935
- Chassis Number Z11275
- Engine Number 3024 (45R/124)
- Registration # KY 9552
This Stunning M45 Rapide was First Owned by H. Clough of Keitley.
Its Factory Records show that it was purchased from Central Garage in Bradford in 1935 as a 'Silent Pillar Saloon'.
Eric Patterson-Jones of Coventry who was a Quality Control Engineer at Rolls Royce bought it in 1983 as a complete chassis without a body.
Eric started to restore this fabulous Rapide but unfortunately had to sell it due to ill health.
Derek Green of Cedar Classic Cars purchased it from Eric Patterson-Jones and its Full Restoration was completed in 2007.
The aim throughout its Restoration was Total Originality.
Due to the cost and complexity of re - instating a 'Silent Travel Saloon Body' it was decided to build a Standard T9 Touring Body as Originally supplied for all open M45 Rapides.
The opportunity was taken to build the Original engine with all the improvements that had been developed over the years to produce 200 BHP.
These include :-
- Specially designed counter balanced crank safe to 5,500 RPM modern Carillo conrod.
- Lightened flywheel.
- Modern borg and beck type clutch specially designed to accept the extra power.
- Very carefully designed valves and valve gear to accept the extra power.
- Tuned and flowed exhaust system.
- Hardened valve seats to accept unleaded fuel.
- The back axle ratio was changed to the standard tourer ratio.
A trully stunning car ready to go..
Further Details or to organise a Test Drive please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 07968 387702